Today I am sharing an easy and quick to make chicken recipe. It is a one bowl kind of recipe; the chicken is cut into the desired size and shape and pretty much mixed with the marinade and then popped into the oven.
It is a reasonably healthy dish as it is baked and only a limited amount of oil added to the marinade. It goes great with some Turmeric rice, salad or even some roast veggies.
The spice comes in from the addition of sriracha, which is a hot sauce. If you do not have sriracha, you can use another hot sauce of your preference.
The combination of the sriracha and soy sauce adds a lovely flavour to the chicken.
Let’s get to the recipe
Chicken breast or thighs – 1 kgs, cut into strips or cubed
Garlic powder – 2 tablespoons
Ginger powder – 1 tablespoon
Sriracha – 4 tablespoons
Soy sauce – 4 tablespoons
Vinegar – 2 tablespoons
Lemon juice – 2 tablespoons
Sugar – 2 teaspoons
Oil – 4 tablespoons
Fresh coriander (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients together.
- Add in the cut pieces of chicken and mix well. Allow to marinate for 1-2 hours.
- Place the marinated pieces in a baking tray in a single layer and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 35-40 minutes uncovered.
- Once the chicken is done, if there is excess liquid that came from the chicken, you can reduce the liquid on the stove and baste the chicken with the thickened liquid before serving.
- Garnish with some fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve with Turmeric rice or a salad or both.