Bursting with flavour is how I would describe this recipe. A beautiful balance of spiciness and sweetness with the rich sharp flavour of garlic and soy comes together to create a beautiful and balanced blend of flavours.
This recipe is from ‘The Domestic Geek’. I have always used this recipe with salmon. Although this can be used with shrimp or any other type of fish, I first made it using Salmon, the family loved it and so I just stuck with it.
This is very simple to put together and it truly appears as a recipe that calls for much more effort than is actually the case. I made it the other day when we had a couple of friends over for dinner, and they absolutely loved it. I seasoned the salmon and made the sauce in advance and after my guests arrived, it took me about 10 mins to get it from the pan to the plate.
I serve it usually with rice and some veggies, it can be plain rice or my Turmeric rice. It takes only about 15minutes from start to finish and dinner is ready.
Without further ado let’s get to the recipe.
Salmon – 3 pieces (with Skin)
Honey – 2 heaped tablespoons
Rice wine vinegar – 2 tablespoons
Soy sauce – 3 tablespoons
Garlic – 5 pods, chopped fine
Chilli flakes – 1.5 tablespoons or according to personal preference
Salt and Pepper
- Season the salmon with salt and Pepper. Set aside.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients for the sauce and keep ready.
- Heat some oil in a pan and place the seasoned salmon skin side facing up.
- Allow the salmon to cook on that side for about 5 mins, till golden brown and turn over so that the skin side is down.
- Allow to cook for a minute and add in the prepared sauce ingredients that were mixed together.
- Allow the fish to cook through, during this time the honey garlic soy sauce will thicken.
- As it cooks ensure that you scoop the sauce and pour over the fish so that the fish soaks in those lovely flavours.