Summer holidays are finally over. Today the kids are back at school and I must admit I am liking it. With school in session again I am prepping to satisfy the after school “Mum, I am hungry” roared as soon as he walks in the door.
Oatmeal peanut butter bars are not only a healthy breakfast bar, they make great afternoon snacks. My son loves to have them when he gets home from school with a glass of milk. They are so easy to make and so tasty. They are firm but still melt in your mouth.
The combination of peanut butter and coconut flour is yum. The addition of the nuts makes the bar protein rich and help you stay fuller for longer.
I added honey for sweetness. You can swap the nuts for dried fruit if that is what you prefer. I roughly ground the nuts before adding them in, that is just the way my son prefers it. You can roughly chop them if you would like to get more chunks of the cashews and almonds in each bite.
These can be frozen.
Whether you are looking for a grab and go breakfast or looking for a snack for your kids, these easy and tasty bars are sure to satisfy.
Peanut butter – 1 cup
Oatmeal – 1 cup
Coconut Flour – ½ cup
Eggs – 2
Cashews – ½ cup (roughly ground)
Almonds – ½ cup (roughly ground)
Honey – ½ cup
Milk – 1- 2 tablespoons, to facilitate mixing and getting the required consistency
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients until well combined. The milk is added to facilitate mixing and obtain a workable consistency.
- Press the mixture into a lined baking dish and
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool, then refrigerate it for at least 30 minutes before cutting into squares.
- Store the remaining in the fridge.