Hi all, today I share an easy to make cake, it may be simple to look at but the taste is rich and decadent.
I spent my day with a couple of my close friends, catching up on life, talked about what lessons God has been teaching us, had plenty of laughs and spend some time before we departed in prayer. We decided to each bring something to share. I got the job of bringing something sweet to have with our cuppas (australian way of saying a cup with your brew of choice) as we chat. As I had to also ensure that whatever I made stayed intact through my travel in the car, I opted for something that will be easy to transport. Safe to say, this transported well and was a sure hit with my friends.
The addition of cream cheese in this recipe is the game changer, making it decadent, rich and yes, I am going to use the word, Moist. Not all cakes need frosting to take it to the next level, this one stands on it own. Every thing else is pretty much standard when it comes to ingredients that would go in a cake. It is important to ensure the cream cheese and butter are room temperature, so they are soft enough to whip together.
Let’s get to the recipe
Cream Cheese – 250gms, room temp
Butter – 300gms. softened
Sugar – 3 cups
Eggs – 6
Plain Flour – 3 cups
Vanilla essence – 2 tsp
Baking powder – 3 tsp
Salt – 1 tsp
- Coat a Bundt pan, or cake tin of choice with some butter and dust flour on the buttered surface.
- Pre-heat oven to 160 deg C.
- Ensure that the cream cheese and butter are room temperature and softened.
- Beat these two together until smooth and incorporated.
- Once done, add the sugar in gradually and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs in one at a time while beating together.
- Mix in the vanilla, add in the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Bake until golden brown, for 60-75 mins at 160 deg C, till the center of the cake is completely done. While baking if the surface is getting brown too quickly, tent with Aluminium foil.
- Allow to rest for a while, before taking it out of the Bundt pan.