Today I share a yummy Banana loaf that is filled with some chocolatey goodness. It has got a combination of chocolate chips and melted dark chocolate in it.
If a Healthier Banana bread is more your thing, you can check my recipe here.
How I ended making this – I started with the intention of making a standard banana loaf, I did have plenty of very ripe bananas that I wanted to use up.
And as I was getting all the ingredients together, I realised that I had only about ½ cup of chocolate chips when the recipe called for 1 cup. I was too committed to quit by now and I did not want the loaf to have just a few chips floating here and there. So, I melted some dark chocolate and added it to the batter. I have never done that before and it turned out tasting so good.
I was in a bit of an indulgent mood so added a couple of spoons of thick cream to give a rich and creamy taste.
Let’s get to the recipe
Bananas – 5 smell-medium, very ripe
Plain Flour – 1 2/3 cup
Egg – 1
Sugar -1/2 cup
Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
Oil – 1/3rd cup
Vanilla Essence – 2 teaspoons
Baking powder – 2 teaspoons
Chocolate chips – ½ cup
Dark Chocolate – 10 small squares, melted
Thick cream – 2 heaped tablespoons
- Assemble the wet ingredients.
- Mash the banana, add the egg, vanilla essence, oil, chocolate chips, melted dark chocolate, thick cream and set aside.
- In another bowl, add the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Ensure that the dry ingredients are evenly mixed through.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix.
- Do not overmix or else the loaf will end up becoming tough.
- Once ready, put it in a greased and lined loaf tin and bake at 180degrees Celsius for 40-45 minutes.
- Once done, cool, slice and serve.