This one pot fish stew is a light meal that is easy and quick to whip up.
Thai flavours and seafood are a great combination together. This dish is warm, flavourful and filling.
This is a very versatile recipe as it can be easily adapted to add a fish of your choice and some prawns too if that meets with your taste.
This recipe goes well with steamed rice.
White Fish Fillets, cut into small pieces- 1kg
Vegetable Oil – 1 to 2 tablespoons
Thai Red Curry paste – 220gms
Coconut Milk – 400ml
Fish Sauce – 2 teaspoons
Lemon Juice – 1 tablespoon
Fish Stock – 2 Cups
Sugar – 1 teaspoon
Snow peas, trimmed and cut into small pieces – 200gms
Baby Bok Choy, roughly chopped – 3
Crushed red chilli flakes
Coriander Leaves – ½ cup
Salt to taste
- Heat Oil in a large saucepan. Add the Thai red curry paste and fry until fragrant.
- Stir in the coconut milk and bring to a simmer.
- Add the sugar, fish sauce, lemon juice and stir through.
- Add the fish pieces and allow to cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the fish stock and allow to bubble up.
- Then add the snow peas and bok choy and cover and cook for another 5 minutes. When stirring be gentle so as not to break up the fish pieces. Add the crushed red chilli flakes according to personal spice preference.
- When cooked, check for salt and add the coriander and serve.